I literally wear boots from end of Sept. to May. They make everyone look taller.
1. Buy quality. Dig deep for a pair of great boots every year. Styles keep circling back around, so I hold on to mine to pull back out for years. My 2012 favorites are these low-heeled black and pewter boots by Chanel.
2. Platform trend: Platforms can be a little easier to walk in than spiky heels. That little extra lift from the front can look fabulous, but choose class over sex appeal. Platforms with the front part higher than 2” take you into hooker territory.
3. Wedge trend: These are a big deal right now. If you like the look, try them on – higher heels make legs look longer and sexier. Vera Wang’s Lavender line is what I picked up this year, in black suede.
4. If you don’t have skinny jeans: With boot leg styles, roll the bottom up, then fold the extra fabric over your leg. Then, tuck it in your boot.
5. Leggings Lessons: We’ve all been wearing those little ballet slippers with leggings. When you put on boots instead, it just makes the outfit richer, more fashionable – like you invested a little time into your appearance. Make sure they’re totally opaque – God forbid your skin show through! Throw on a top that covers your bum – and you’ve got a fabulous outfit built around those boots.
Show and tell: What boots are you coveting this year? Tell me what you love about this year’s styles.
Check me out on for more of my favorite fall boots!